This course offers an introduction to the researching, planning, coordinating, marketing, management and evaluation of special events. The course content will explore the theories and practices relevant to successful event planning and event management.
Event planning and management is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner, nor is a certificate or any other formal training–although any training and/or education you can receive would certainly be very beneficial and give you an edge over others just starting out.
Those who are brand new to the field of event planning and managementcan earn excellent money in this career path, and the benefits and salary only increase with the event planner’s contacts, networking and skill level. Those at the top of their game can earn in excess of millions per year.
Event planning is an exciting, lucrative and interesting career choice; however, it is not for everyone. Those who have a lot of energy, are comfortable with self-promotion, enjoy talking to and socializing with strangers, who are well organized, can handle multi-tasking and have an eye for detail will enjoy this career.
If you particiapant is laid back, shy and prefer to be “behind the scenes,” you may want to choose another profession. This course will give participants a great basic understanding of event planning and management.
It will also explain some of the details of how the business works and what an event planner does exactly. Lastly, it will give you the basics to help get you started in this exciting, rewarding and often fun filled career.
The purpose of this course is to acquire an in depth knowledge about the specialized field of “event management” and to become familiar with management techniques and strategies required for successful planning, promotion, implementation and evaluation of special events within a proposed organizational context.
This course seeks to provide participants with:
- To provide a conceptual overview and a systematic study of event programming, management, and marketing, and practical applications.
- To interpret and apply principles of both business and not for profit management to the special needs of event organizations.
- To foster professionalism in event management, covering the knowledge base, theory, methodologies and ethics.
- To acquire an understanding of the techniques and strategies required to plan successful special events.
- To acquire the knowledge and competencies required to promote, implement and conduct special events.
- To acquire the knowledge and competencies required to assess the quality and success of special events.
Managers and individuals with strong interest to improve marketing and promotional programs effects thru system event planning and programs management, with the main focus on improving organization and teamworks level of productivity in managing events.
Course Contents and Descriptions.
1. An introduction to event planning
- The role of an event planner
- The qualities of a good event planner
- Unexpected circumstance or poorly planned?
- The importance of organisation in event planning
- The components of organisation
- Organisation techniques
- Tips for better organisation
- Organisation deterrents
3. Learning your clients’ needs
- Getting to know your client
- Planning correctly for the right type of event
- Who, what, when, where, and how?
- Initial client contact form
4. Selecting a location
- Choosing a location
- Steps to selecting the perfect location
- Site inspection
- Site inspection form
- Securing the location
5. Event catering
- Event catering
- Planning for a catered event
- Catering tips
- Prospective caterer interview
6. Silver service
- What is silver service?
- The venue
- Events where silver service is popular
- Other things to consider
7. Equipment hire
- Types of equipment
- Ideas for equipment
- Advice on hiring equipment
8. Event decorations
- The importance of decorations
- Decorating plans
- Hiring a decorator
- Party themes
- Setting up a balloon decoration business
9. Entertainment and speakers
- The purpose of entertainment and speakers
- Endless entertainment choices
- Entertainment planning
- Speaker selection process
10. Corporate event planning
- Planning and organizing
- Creating an event program
The acase study shall be conducted in line with the topics as described in the training program, this is aimed mainly that the participants shall absorb the knowledge and apply it to resolve cases usually in day-to-day practice.
Durasi Training: 3 Hari
LOKASI TRAINING :
- Training – Biaya berdasarkan kesepakatan
- Ujian & Sertifikasi – US$ 450